Registration is now open.
WashCo BTC is proud to present its third year of Bike Adventure Summer Camps as a way of giving children the gifts of freedom, empowerment and adventure, (much like when you rode your bike for the first time) but with an emphasis on fun and safety skills that will last a lifetime.
Prepared and knowledgeable riders feel more confident in the saddle and their parents feel more secure as their children ride down the road to a friends' house, off to school or striking out on an adventure.
At this fun and informative week long day camp your child will enjoy the outdoors with new friends while learning about the joys and safe riding practices under the instruction of two trained instructors who are experienced cyclists themselves.
At this camp, your child will learn:
- safe riding skills,
- age appropriate rules of the road
- map reading
- route planning
- basic bike safety checklist
- basic maintenance skills
- group riding skills
- and most importantly how much fun it is to ride with family and friends to new places and have new experiences.
The campers can enjoy lunch in a park, map out a route to eat ice cream on a hot day, feed ducks at a local pond, explore new trails, stop for a game of frisbee, all while making new friends.
- There are four camps available, limited to 10 campers each.
- Each camp will be held from 9am-3pm, Monday through Friday.
- Drop off and pick-up times 30 minutes before/after camp.
- Campers will spend some time each day at the "base camp", working on skills, maps/route planning, etc.
- Campers will spend much of the day on their bikes riding local neighborhoods to fun destinations and trails.
- Campers will need to bring a lunch, snack and water each day.
The cost of each camp is $295.00 per camper. Camps are for children ages 9-11.
Dates and Locations:
July 10-14 Forest Grove (Exact location to be announced later)
July 17-21 Tigard (TVF&R # 51, on Burnham St)
July 24-28 Hillsboro UUCCWC (22785 NW Birch St.)
July 31-Aug 4 Beaverton (TVF&R # 67, on Farmington Rd)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.